The Speculative Movement

The Sci-Fi/ Fantasy multi-media creative group of Missoula.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Introductions?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kelsey
Admin

PostSubject: Introductions?    Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:56 am

I figure having one of these is standard. If you don't want to post anything, that's fine, but if you feel so inclined, here you are. Include some basics,
Name, where you're from maybe, what you do creatively, what you read, hobbies, your life story in a paragraph the size of a post-it note...you get it.
Back to top Go down
http://specmovement.forumotions.net
Kelsey
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:59 am

Name: Kelsey. Or hey you!
I'm originally from Ogden, UT. Currently a student at UM.
I mainly write, though I doodle on occasion for fun and frolic, and to sort of hash out story images. I read, obviously, mainly fantasy, though I've been trying to expand with the motto 'a good writer reads widely and well,'.
And currently I am too exhausted to come up with more than that. Whoo hoo!
Back to top Go down
http://specmovement.forumotions.net
gregrburch
Supreme Commander
Supreme Commander

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:14 pm

I think we've done this at every meeting, which speaks volumes about how quickly we're expanding. Razz

I'm a senior in archaeology/anthropology at the U, and I specialize in sf/science horror. I read a lot of football, hockey, and political websites and blogs, but don't actually read much in the medium anymore. Starting the group was one way of trying to fix that. Thus, at some point in the future, I'd like to start recommending a book a month--and anyone can recommend a book for the group to consider reading, not just me. That way, we all get a broader appreciation for speculative fiction, and we can pick each other's minds in order to broaden our literary horizons.

I've written comics, poetry, short stories, and am in the process of doing three novels at least. Sometimes, I even eat and drink and sleep. This is rarer than one might expect.

Lastly, the most pertinent reason I initiated the Speculative Movement was to try to give creative speculativists the opportunity to come together and try to create a speculative culture in Missoula year-round, as opposed to people mostly concentrating on it during MisCon.

Let's see where the Ideological Insurrection is a year from now...
Back to top Go down
http://specmovement.forumotions.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions?    

Back to top Go down

Introductions?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1